A customizable insurance against the risk of heatwaves.
Parametric insurance: a tailored solution to help farmers offset the financial risk that comes with a heatwaves during the crops’ bloom.
Developing the optimal coverage by adapting to specific risks
Abnormal heat conditions during the flowering of crops can have a strong negative impact on yields. To prevent a drop in revenues or to integrate additional irrigation costs, Meteo Protect offers insurance that can adapt to the specificities of each producer.
For example, above 36 °C, corn fertility rate begins to decline. If an episode of extreme heat lasts for too long, even irrigated crops can be impacted.
Parametric insurance in practice
Meteo Protect’s insurance policies compensate farmers when cumulative temperatures exceed a threshold set in advance.
The client can choose :
- The coverage period
- The critical temperature threshold (in Celsius)
- The compensation per critical day (in euros)
- The indemnity limit (in euros)
- The compensation terms
- The premium amount will depend on these parameters
How does it work ?
At the end of the coverage period :
- The only criteria that triggers the insurance is the weather index
- Meteo Protect calculates the pay-out, which is triggered within 15 days
- No expert or harvest declaration are required in order to receive the compensation
Do you have a weather risk to cover ?
Contact us and you will be put in touch with one of our partners