A customizable insurance against input deficiency
Parametric insurance: a tailored solution to help farmers offset the financial risk associated with large-scale weather events that could impact their crops.
Developing the optimal coverage by adapting to specific risks
Large scale climatic events can impact several crops and penalize the overall harvested volume on a single farm. To prevent a drop in revenue, Meteo Protect offers insurance that can adapt to the specificities of each farm.
In 2016, major climatic hazards affected cereals and maze’s crops as well as protein crops. Thus, the good results of one culture could not compensate for the small turnovers of another.
Parametric Insurance in practice
Meteo Protect’s insurance policies compensate farmers when their profit margin* exceeds a threshold set in advance.
The client can choose:
- The coverage period
- The critical temperature threshold (in Celsius)
- The compensation per critical day (in euros)
- The indemnity limit (in euros)
- The compensation terms
The premium amount will depend on these parameters
How does it work?
At the end of the coverage period :
- The only criteria that triggers the insurance is the weather index
- Meteo Protect calculates the pay-out, which is triggered within 15 days
- No expert or harvest declaration are required in order to receive the compensation
Do you have a weather risk to cover?
Contact us and you will be put in touch with one of our partners
Who are we?
Meteo Protect provides insurance and reinsurance solutions through the largest team exclusively dedicated to the financial management of weather risk in Europe.